The human heart itself is impossible to understand. If you focus on the impossibility of truly understanding human psychology and read the script one more time, I think you will grasp the point of it.
Ignorance is a kind of insanity in the human animal. People who delight in torturing defenseless children or tiny creatures are in reality insane. The terrible thing is that people who are madmen in private may wear a totally bland and innocent expression in public.
There is nothing that says more about its creator than the work itself.
A film should appeal to sophisticated, profound-thinking people while at the same time entertaining simplistic people. A truly good movie is really enjoyable too. There’s nothing complicated about it. A truly good movie is interesting and easy to understand.
Although human beings are incapable of talking about themselves with total honesty, it is much harder to avoid the truth while pretending to be other people.
Egoism is a sin the human being carries with him from birth; it is the most difficult to redeem.
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
Human beings are unable to be honest with themselves about themselves. They cannot talk about themselves without embellishing.
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Clint Eastwood American Film Director
- Federico Fellini Italian Filmmaker
- Stanley Kubrick American Film Director
- Jean-luc Godard French-born Swiss Film Director
- Alfred Hitchcock British-born American Film Director
- Sylvester Stallone American Actor
- Cecil B. DeMille American Film Producer
- Yoko Ono Japanese Artist, Musician