In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
Human beings are unable to be honest with themselves about themselves. They cannot talk about themselves without embellishing.
There is nothing that says more about its creator than the work itself.
Ignorance is a kind of insanity in the human animal. People who delight in torturing defenseless children or tiny creatures are in reality insane. The terrible thing is that people who are madmen in private may wear a totally bland and innocent expression in public.
Although human beings are incapable of talking about themselves with total honesty, it is much harder to avoid the truth while pretending to be other people.
A film should appeal to sophisticated, profound-thinking people while at the same time entertaining simplistic people. A truly good movie is really enjoyable too. There’s nothing complicated about it. A truly good movie is interesting and easy to understand.
Egoism is a sin the human being carries with him from birth; it is the most difficult to redeem.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Clint Eastwood American Film Director
- Federico Fellini Italian Filmmaker
- Stanley Kubrick American Film Director
- Jean-luc Godard French-born Swiss Film Director
- Alfred Hitchcock British-born American Film Director
- Sylvester Stallone American Actor
- Cecil B. DeMille American Film Producer
- Yoko Ono Japanese Artist, Musician