We only regard those unions as real examples of love and real marriages in which a fixed and unalterable decision has been taken. If men or women contemplate an escape, they do not collect all their powers for the task. In none of the serious and important tasks of life do we arrange such a “getaway.” We cannot love and be limited.
Death is really a great blessing for humanity without it there could be no real progress. People who lived for ever would not any hamper and discourage the young, but they would themselves lack sufficient Stimulus to be creative.
To be a human being means to possess a feeling of inferiority which constantly presses towards its own conquest. The greater the feeling of inferiority that has been experienced, the more powerful is the urge for conquest and the more violent the emotional agitation.
No experience is a cause of success or failure. We do not suffer from the shock of our experiences so-called trauma – but we make out of them just what suits our purposes.
It is the individual who is not interested in his fellow men who has the greatest difficulties in life and provides the greatest injury to others. It is from among such individuals that all human failures spring.
Topics: Kindness, Giving, Service
The style of life is a unity because it has grown out of the difficulties of early life and out of the striving for a goal.
There is a law that man should love his neighbor as himself. In a few hundred years it should be as natural to mankind as breathing or the upright gait; but if he does not learn it he must perish.
Topics: Friendship, Love
- Viktor Frankl Austrian Psychiatrist
- Ludwig Wittgenstein Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Ludwig von Mises Austrian Economist
- Wilhelm Stekel Austrian Physician
- Carl Gustav Jung Swiss Psychologist
- Klemens Wenzel, Prince von Metternich Austrian Political leader
- Rainer Maria Rilke Austrian Poet
- Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach Austrian Novelist
- Franz Kafka Austrian Novelist
- Franz Grillparzer Austrian Dramatist