Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise.
And so our mothers and grandmothers have, more often than not anonymously, handed on the creative spark, the seed of the flower they themselves never hoped to see – or like a sealed letter they could not plainly read.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Annie Dillard American Writer
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist
- Rita Mae Brown American Writer, Feminist
- Fannie Flagg American Comedian, Novelist
- Anne Lamott American Novelist
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher
- Joyce Maynard American Novelist
- John Irving American Novelist
- Joan Didion American Essayist, Novelist, Memoirist
- Marianne Moore American Poet