Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace.
The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things;
Knows not the livid loneliness of fear;
Nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear
The sound of wings.
Topics: Courage, Bravery
Adventure is worthwhile in itself.
Women must pay for everything. They do get more glory than men for comparable feats, But, they also get more notoriety when they crash.
The effect of having other interests beyond those domestic works well. The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one’s appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship.
Of course I realized there was a measure of danger. Obviously I faced the possibility of not returning when I first considered going. Once faced and settled there really wasn’t any good reason to refer to it again.
Adventure is worthwhile.
- Charles Lindbergh American Aviator, Conservationist
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh American Author, Aviator
- Richard Evelyn Byrd American Aviator
- Beryl Markham British-born Kenyan Aviator
- Angelina Jolie American Actor
- Richard Bach American Novelist
- Jimmy Buffett American Children’s Books Writer
- E. W. Howe American Novelist
- William H. Gass American Short Story Writer
- Ambrose Bierce American Editor