The men who have succeeded are men who have chosen one line and stuck to it.
It was from my own early experience that I decided there was no use to which money could be applied so productive of good to boys and girls who have good within them and ability and ambition to develop it as the founding of a public library.
I have had a long, long life full of troubles, but there is one curious fact about them–nine-tenths of them never happened.
The man who enters a library is in the best society this world affords; the good and the great welcome him, surround him, and humbly ask to be allowed to become his servants.
People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.
Topics: Knowledge, Thought, Life, Motivation, Compassion, Success, People, Kindness
The surest foundation of a manufacturing concern is quality. After that, and a long way after, comes cost.
No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself, or to get all the credit for doing it.
The average person puts only 25% of his energy and ability into his work. The world takes off its hat to those who put in more than 50% of their capacity, and stands on its head for those few and far between souls who devote 100%.
Topics: Work, Action
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- George Westinghouse American Engineer
- Victor Hugo French Novelist
- Philip H. Knight American Businessman
- J. P. Morgan American Financier, Philanthropist
- John D. Rockefeller American Industrialist, Philanthropist
- Warren Buffett American Investor
- Bill Gates American Businessperson
- Michael Bloomberg American Businessperson
- Oprah Winfrey American TV Personality
- George Soros Hungarian-American Investor