I think it’s one of the scars in our culture that we have too high an opinion of ourselves. We align ourselves with the angels instead of the higher primates.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Zadie Smith (b.1975) English Novelist, Essayist, Short-story Writer
- A. S. Byatt English Novelist, Poet
- J. R. R. Tolkien British Philologist, Writer
- George Orwell English Novelist, Essayist, Journalist
- Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie English Novelist, Biographer
- Ian L. Fleming English Novelist, Journalist
- Jackie Collins English Romance Novelist
- Jeanette Winterson English Novelist
- Salman Rushdie Indian-born British Novelist
- Haruki Murakami Japanese Novelist