If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
Topics: Change, Winter, Adversity, Wealth, Spring, Difficulty
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning English Poet
- Christina Rossetti English Poet
- Letitia Elizabeth Landon English Poet, Novelist
- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu English Aristocrat, Poet
- Frances Ridley Havergal English Anglican Poet
- Mary Webb English Novelist
- William Wordsworth English Poet
- Abraham Cowley English Poet
- William Blake English Poet
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge English Poet