Very few men are wise by their own counsel, or learned by their own teaching; for he that was only taught by himself had a fool as his master.
Topics: Wisdom, Perception, Vision, Role models
No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.
- John Webster English Dramatist
- John Gay English Poet
- Francis Beaumont English Dramatist
- Philip Massinger English Dramatist
- John Lyly English Dramatist
- W. S. Gilbert English Dramatist
- Arthur Wing Pinero English Actor
- Arthur Helps English Dramatist
- William Wycherley English Dramatist
- Douglas William Jerrold English Dramatist