We’re all stumbling towards the light with varying degrees of grace at any given moment.
In the midst of global crises such as pollution, wars and famine, kindness may too easily be dismissed as a ?soft issue,? or a luxury to be addressed after the urgent problems are solved. But kindness is the greatest need in all those areas ? kindness toward the environment, toward other nations, toward the needs of people who are suffering. Until we reflect basic kindness in everything we do, our political gestures will be fleeting and fragile. Simple kindness may be the most vital key to the riddle of how human beings can live with each other in peace, and care properly for this planet we all share.
- Marie Chapian American Children’s Books Writer
- Damon Runyon American Short Story Writer
- Jimmy Buffett American Children’s Books Writer
- Russell Hoban American Children’s Books Writer
- Ben Stein American Lawyer, Writer
- E. L. Doctorow American Writer, Editor
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin American Writer, Journalist
- David J. Schwartz American Writer
- Robert M. Pirsig American Writer
- Lois McMaster Bujold American Novelist, Writer