When your will is God’s will, you will have your will.
A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you, and were helped by you, will remember you when forget-me-nots are withered. Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble.
Topics: Work, Character, Kindness
When I look into your face, O Law, my spirit shudders. When I hear your thunders, my heart is melted like wax in the midst of my bowels. How can I endure you? If I am to be tried at last for my life, surely I shall need no judge, for I shall be my own swift accuser, and my conscience shall be a witness to condemn.
Stars may be seen from the bottom of a deep well, when they cannot be discerned from the top of a mountain? So are many things learned in adversity which the prosperous man dreams not of?
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Wesley British Methodist Religious Leader
- John Henry Newman British Theologian, Poet
- Albert Benjamin Simpson Canadian Protestant Preacher
- Frederick William Faber British Hymn writer
- Harry Emerson Fosdick American Baptist Clergyman
- Edwin Hubbell Chapin American Universalist Preacher
- Billy Graham American Baptist Religious Leader
- Jesse Jackson American Baptist Civil Rights Activist
- Russell Conwell American Baptist Minister
- George Boardman American Baptist Minister