Common experience shows how much rarer is moral courage than physical bravery. A thousand men will march to the mouth of the cannon where one man will dare espouse an unpopular cause.
Freedom comes from human beings,
rather than from laws and institutions.
As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no man objected and no man rebelled, those wrongs would last forever.
- Florynce Kennedy American Lawyer
- Elliot Richardson American Lawyer
- Owen D. Young American Businessperson, Lawyer
- Thomas Brackett Reed American Politician, Lawyer
- Ben Stein American Lawyer, Writer
- John Foster Dulles American Lawyer
- Joseph Alfred Ernest Roy Canadian Lawyer
- Pliny the Younger Ancient Roman Lawyer, Author
- Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin French Lawyer, Politician
- William McKinley American Head of State