Collect impressions. Don
Music is the space between the notes.
Beauty must appeal to the senses, must provide us with immediate enjoyment, must impress us or insinuate itself into us without any effort on our part.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. I love music passionately. And because l love it, I try to free it from barren traditions that stifle it. It is a free art gushing forth, an open-air art boundless as the elements, the wind, the sky, the sea. It must never be shut in and become an academic art.
Do not allow the accents in the brass to produce space between the notes.
- Hector Berlioz French Composer
- Stephen Sondheim American Musician, Composer
- Igor Stravinsky Russian-born American Composer
- Jean Sibelius Finnish Composer
- Ludwig van Beethoven German Composer
- John Cage American Composer, Philosopher
- Gian Carlo Menotti Italian-born American Composer
- Frank Zappa American Composer
- Arthur Rubinstein Polish-born American Composer
- Johann Sebastian Bach German Composer