Behind every advance of the human race is a germ of creation growing in the mind of some lone individual. An individual whose dreams waken him in the night while others lie contentedly asleep.
It is the customer, and the customer alone, who casts the vote that determines how big any company should be…. The regulations laid down by the consuming public are far more potent and far less flexible than any code of law, merely through the exercise of the natural forces of trade.
- Buckminster Fuller American Inventor, Philosopher
- An Wang Chinese-born American Engineer
- Wernher von Braun German-born American Engineer
- Arthur Sherburne Hardy American Engineer
- Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya Indian Engineer
- Stuart Chase American Economist
- Howard H. Aiken American Physicist
- John Muir Scottish-born American Naturalist
- Robert E. Lee American Military General
- Charles Proteus Steinmetz German-born American Mathematician