We must learn to regard people less in light of what they do or omit to do, and more in the light of what they suffer.
As time is the most valuable thing that we have, because it is the most irrevocable, the thought of any lost time troubles us whenever we look back. Time lost is time in which we have failed to live a full human life, gain experience, learn, create, enjoy, and suffer; it is time that has not been filled up, but left empty.
- Johann Gottfried Herder German Lutheran Philosopher
- Paul Tillich American Lutheran Theologian
- Martin Luther German Protestant Theologian
- Ole Hallesby Norwegian Lutheran Theologian
- A. W. Tozer American Christian Pastor
- Chuck Swindoll American Christian Pastor
- Johann Sebastian Bach German Composer
- Immanuel Kant Prussian German Philosopher
- Wilhelm von Humboldt German Philosopher
- Johann Jacob Zimmermann German Nonconformist Theologian