The kind of intelligence a genius has is a different sort of intelligence. The thinking of a genius does not proceed logically. It leaps with great ellipses. It pulls knowledge from God knows where.
And only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live in every experience, painful or joyous; to live in gratitude for every moment, to live abundantly.
Topics: Fear, Courage, Time, Living
Courage … is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
Inventive man has invented nothing — nothing from scratch. If he has produced a machine that in motion overcomes the law of gravity, he learned the essentials from the observation of birds.
- H. L. Mencken American Journalist, Literary Critic
- Walter Lippmann American Journalist
- Edward R. Murrow American Journalist
- Howard Cosell American Journalist
- Katherine Anne Porter American Journalist
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist
- Lincoln Steffens American Journalist
- James Fallows American Journalist
- B. C. Forbes Scottish-born American Journalist
- Gail Sheehy American Journalist