And only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live in every experience, painful or joyous; to live in gratitude for every moment, to live abundantly.
Topics: Living, Courage, Fear, Time
Inventive man has invented nothing — nothing from scratch. If he has produced a machine that in motion overcomes the law of gravity, he learned the essentials from the observation of birds.
Courage … is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
The kind of intelligence a genius has is a different sort of intelligence. The thinking of a genius does not proceed logically. It leaps with great ellipses. It pulls knowledge from God knows where.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- H. L. Mencken American Journalist, Literary Critic
- Walter Lippmann American Journalist
- Edward R. Murrow American Journalist
- Howard Cosell American Journalist
- B. C. Forbes Scottish-born American Journalist
- Mignon McLaughlin American Journalist
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Charles Kuralt American Journalist