The weaker partner in a marriage is the one who loves the most.
If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.
The one happiness is to shut one’s door upon a little room, with a table before one, and to create; to create life in that isolation from life.
When we grow old, there can only be one regret – not to have given enough of ourselves.
To help, to continually help and share, that is the sum of all knowledge; that is the meaning of art.
- Tallulah Bankhead American Actor
- Janis Joplin
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Marlene Dietrich German-born American Actor
- Angelina Jolie American Actor
- Drew Barrymore American Film Actress
- Gore Vidal American Novelist
- Groucho Marx American Actor
- Eudora Welty American Short Story Writer
- James A. Garfield American Head of State