When you love someone all your saved-up wishes start coming out.
The charm, one might say the genius, of memory is that it is choosy, chancy and temperamental; it rejects the edifying cathedral and indelibly photographs the small boy outside, chewing a hunk of melon in the dust.
Topics: Memory, Charm, Photography
Nobody can be kinder than the narcissist while you react to life in his own terms.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sheridan Le Fanu Irish Novelist
- James Joyce Irish Novelist
- Laurence Sterne Irish Anglican Novelist
- Brendan Behan Irish Poet
- Marguerite Gardiner, Countess of Blessington Irish Novelist
- Edmund Burke British Philosopher, Statesman
- Joyce Cary Irish Novelist
- Samuel Lover Irish Writer, Artist, Songwriter
- Jonathan Swift Irish Satirist
- Oscar Wilde Irish Poet