Remove advertising, disable a person or firm from proclaiming its wares and their merits, and the whole of society and of the economy is transformed. The enemies of advertising are the enemies of freedom.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Margaret Thatcher British Head of State
- Winston Churchill British Head of State
- Harold Macmillan British Head of State
- E. F. L. Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax British Politician
- Nancy Astor, Viscountess Astor American-born British Politician
- William Ewart Gladstone English Liberal Statesman
- Augustine Birrell English Politician, Essayist
- Benjamin Disraeli British Head of State
- John Lennon British Singer
- Laurens van der Post South African Explorer, Writer