Sweat saves blood.
Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success.
One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is . . the ability to direct one’s whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task.
Topics: Aspirations, Goals
The peril of the hour moved the British to tremendous exertions, just as always in a moment of extreme danger things can be done which had previously been thought impossible. Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Adolf Hitler German Fascist Dictator
- Colin Powell American Military Leader
- Sun Tzu Chinese Military Leader
- George S. Patton American Military Leader
- H. Norman Schwarzkopf American Military Leader
- Robert S. Johnson American Military Leader
- Eddie Rickenbacker American Military Leader
- Hyman G. Rickover American Military Leader
- Eric Shinseki American Military Leader
- Francis Drake English Military Leader