One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is . . the ability to direct one’s whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task.
Topics: Goals, Aspirations
Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success
Sweat saves blood.
The peril of the hour moved the British to tremendous exertions, just as always in a moment of extreme danger things can be done which had previously been thought impossible. Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas.
- Adolf Hitler German Fascist Dictator
- H. Norman Schwarzkopf American Military Leader
- Norman MacEwen British Military Leader
- Robert S. Johnson American Military Leader
- Robert Baden-Powell, 1st Baron Baden-Powell British Military Leader
- Eddie Rickenbacker American Military Leader
- Omar Bradley American Military Leader
- Hyman G. Rickover American Military Leader
- William Tecumseh Sherman American Military General
- Eric Shinseki American Military Leader