What is the use of aesthetics if they can neither teach how to produce beauty nor how to appreciate it in good taste? It exists because it behooves rational human beings to provide reasons for their actions and assessments. Even if aesthetics are not the mathematics of beauty, they are the proof of the calculation.
Oh that wisdom was half as zealous for converts as ridicule.
- Rainer Maria Rilke Austrian Poet
- Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach Austrian Novelist
- Franz Kafka Austrian Novelist
- Ludwig Wittgenstein Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Klemens Wenzel, Prince von Metternich Austrian Political leader
- Viktor Frankl Austrian Psychiatrist
- Wilhelm Stekel Austrian Physician
- Alfred Adler Austrian Psychiatrist
- Ludwig von Mises Austrian Economist
- Lillian Hellman American Playwright