The strong man is strongest when alone.
A brave man hazards life, but not his conscience.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.
Measure not by the scale of perfection the meager product of reality.
The average estimate themselves by what they do,
the above average by what they are.
Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.
A merely fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled
one is truly vanquished.
The voice of the majority is no proof of justice.
Lose not yourself in a far off time, seize the moment that is thine.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe German Poet
- Johann Gottfried Herder German Lutheran Philosopher
- Bertolt Brecht German Poet
- Gotthold Ephraim Lessing German Writer
- Immanuel Kant Prussian German Philosopher
- Berthold Auerbach German Jewish Poet, Novelist
- Friedrich Gottlieb Klopstock German Poet
- Arthur Schopenhauer German Philosopher
- Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi German Philosopher
- Friedrich Nietzsche German Philosopher