People are ridiculous only when they fly or seem to be that which they are not.
It’s not our disadvantages or shortcomings that are ridiculous, but rather the studious way we try to hide them and our desire to act as if they did not exist.
Topics: Awareness, Self-Knowledge
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Antonio Porchia Italian Poet
- Metastasio Italian Poet
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Italo Calvino Italian Novelist, Writer
- Dante Alighieri Italian Poet, Philosopher
- Petrarch Italian Scholar
- Benito Mussolini Italian Head of State
- Miguel de Unamuno Spanish Philosopher, Writer
- William Hazlitt English Essayist
- Moshe Chaim Luzzatto Italian Jewish Rabbi