I did toy with the idea of doing a cook-book. The recipes were to be the routine ones: how to make dry toast, instant coffee, hearts of lettuce and brownies. But as an added attraction, at no extra charge, my idea was to put a fried egg on the cover. I think a lot of people who hate literature but love fried eggs would buy it if the price was right.
We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out. Well, art is art, isnt it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh… Now you tell me what you know.
Humor is reason gone mad.
Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.
Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?
I eat like a vulture. Unfortunately the resemblance doesn’t end there.
The trouble with writing a book about yourself is that you can’t fool around. If you write about someone else, you can stretch the truth from here to Finland. If you write about yourself the slightest deviation makes you realize instantly that there may be honor among thieves, but you are just a dirty liar.
Topics: Autobiography, Authors & Writing
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- W. C. Fields American Actor
- Danny Kaye American Actor
- Whoopi Goldberg American Comedian
- Phyllis Diller American Actor
- Steven Wright American Comedian
- Bette Midler American Actress, Singer
- Joan Rivers American Comedian
- Mel Brooks American Film Actor
- Robin Williams American Actor
- Bill Maher American Comedian, TV Personality