I have never found in a long experience of politics that criticism is ever inhibited by ignorance.
We do not intend to part from the Americans and we do not intend to be satellites. I am sure they do not want us to be so. The stronger we are, the better partners we shall be; and I feel certain that as the months pass we shall draw continually closer together with mutual confidence and respect.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Winston Churchill British Head of State
- Margaret Thatcher British Head of State
- Ramsay MacDonald British Head of State
- Neville Chamberlain British Head of State
- William Ewart Gladstone English Liberal Statesman
- David Lloyd George British Liberal Statesman
- Benjamin Disraeli British Head of State
- E. F. L. Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax British Politician
- Enoch Powell British Politician
- Oliver Cromwell British Head of State