Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.
Topics: Change, Dreams
I had reasoned this out in my mind, there was two things I had a right to, liberty and death. If I could not have one, I would have the other, for no man should take me alive.
Topics: Freedom, Dying, Death
If you hear the dogs, keep going. If you see the torches in the woods, keep going. If there’s shouting after you, keep going. Don’t ever stop. Keep going. If you want a taste of freedom, keep going.
We saw the lightning and that was the guns and then we heard the thunder and that was the big guns; and then we heard the rain falling and that was the blood falling; and when we came to get in the crops, it was dead men that we reaped.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sojourner Truth African-American Abolitionist
- Frederick Douglass American Abolitionist
- Lydia Maria Child American Abolitionist
- William Lloyd Garrison American Abolitionist
- Henry Ward Beecher American Protestant Clergyman
- Tallulah Bankhead American Actor
- Harriet Beecher Stowe American Abolitionist
- Martin Luther King, Jr. American Civil Rights Leader
- Martin Luther German Protestant Theologian
- Soren Kierkegaard Danish Philosopher, Theologian