All I would tell people is to hold on to what was individual about themselves, not to allow their ambition for success to cause them to try to imitate the success of others. You’ve got to find in on your own terms.
Being happy is something you have to learn. I often surprise myself by Saying, “Wow, this is it. I guess I’m happy. I’ve got a home that I love. A career that I love. I’m even feeling more and more at peace with myself”. If there’s something else to happiness, let me know. I’m ambitious for that, too.
Hard work and a proper frame of mind prepare you for the lucky breaks that come along—or don’t.
I realized early on that success was tied to not giving up. Most people in this business gave up and went on to other things. If you simply didn’t give up, you would outlast the people who came in on the bus with you.
Topics: Endurance, Perseverance, Resolve
Acting was a way out at first. A way out of not knowing what to do, a way of focusing ambitions. And the ambition wasn’t for fame. The ambition was to do an interesting job.
Being happy is something you have to learn. I often surprise myself by saying “Wow, this is it. I guess I’m happy. I got a home I love. A career that I love. I’m even feeling more and more at peace with myself.” If there’s something else to happiness, let me know. I’m ambitious for that, too.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Cecil B. DeMille American Film Producer
- Samuel Goldwyn Polish-born American Film Producer
- Robin Williams American Actor
- Leonardo DiCaprio American Actor
- Sylvester Stallone American Actor
- Casey Robinson American Film Producer
- Michael Crichton American Novelist
- Clint Eastwood American Film Director
- Mel Brooks American Film Actor
- Dustin Hoffman American Actor