The government is good at one thing…it knows how to break your legs, and then hand you a crutch and say ‘see if it weren’t for the government you wouldn’t be able to walk.’
You don’t need an explanation for everything, Recognize that there are such things as miracles — events for which there are no ready explanations. Later knowledge may explain those events quite easily.
Whatever the price, identify it now. What will you have to go through to get where you want to be? There is a price you can pay to be free of the situation once and for all. It may be a fantastic price or a tiny one — but there is a price.
A welfare state is frightened of every poor person who tries to get in and every rich person who tries to get out.
Everything you want in life has a price connected to it. There’s a price to pay if you want to make things better, a price to pay just for leaving things as they are, a price for everything.
Some people say that Libertarians want anarchy. But anarchy is what we have now. Our cities aren’t safe, our schools are centers of violence, the politicians have turned the rule of law into a chaotic web of millions of regulations and mandates. Libertarians want to restore order by removing, wherever possible, the destabilizing influence of government.
Everyone will experience the consequences of his own acts. If his act are right, he’ll get good consequences; if they’re not, he’ll suffer for it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Benjamin Graham American Investor
- William Bennett American Politician
- Rudy Giuliani American Politician
- Warren Buffett American Investor
- George Soros Hungarian-American Investor
- Guy Kawasaki American Investor
- Robert G. Ingersoll American Lawyer, Orator, Agnostic
- Horace Greeley American Elected Rep
- Earl Warren American Judge
- Wendell Willkie American Politician