Meditation has been defined as the cessation of active eternal thought.
When he has ceased to hear the many, he may discern the One – the inner sound which kills the outer.
Have patience as one who fears no failure, courts no success. Fix thy Soul’s gaze upon the star whose ray thou art, the flaming star that shines within the light- less depths of ever-being, the boundless fields of the Unknown.
Our only true course is to let the motive for|action be in the action itself, never in its reward;|not to be incited by the hope of the result,|nor yet indulge a propensity for inertness.
Let not the fierce sun dry one tear of pain before
thyself hast wiped it from the sufferer’s eye.
Be humble, if thou would’st attain to Wisdom. Be humbler still, when Wisdom thou hast mastered.
Reflect upon the defects of your character: thoroughly realize their evils and the transient pleasures they give you, and firmly will that you shall try your best not to yield to them the next time.
Thou shalt not separate thy being from BEING, and the rest,
but merge the Ocean in the deep, the drop within the Ocean.
It is an eternal law that man cannot be redeemed by a power external to himself.
Desire nothing, Chafe not at fate, nor at Nature’s changeless laws. But struggle only with the personal, the transitory, the evanescent and the perishable.
Spirit is living, and Life is Spirit, and Life and Spirit produce all things, but they are essentially one and not two … .
- Annie Besant British-born Indian Theosophist
- Robert Anton Wilson American Polymath
- Ralph Waldo Emerson American Philosopher
- Paul Tillich American Lutheran Theologian
- Samuel Goldwyn Polish-born American Film Producer
- David Sarnoff American Sportsperson
- Walt Whitman American Poet
- George Soros American Investor
- Georges Gurdjieff Armenian Philosopher
- Alfred North Whitehead English Mathematician