People are beginning to see that the first requisite
to success in life is to be a good animal.
The wise man must remember that
while he is a descendant of the past,
he is a parent of the future.
The first requisite for success is the ability to apply your physical
and mental energies to one problem incessantly without growing weary.
All socialism involves slavery. That which fundamentally distinguishes the slave is that he labours under coercion to satisfy anothers desires.
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of their folly is to fill the world with fools.
Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.
No one can be perfectly free till all are free; no one can be perfectly moral till all are moral; no one can be perfectly happy till all are happy.
Education has for its object the formation of character. To curb restive propensities, to awaken dormant sentiments, to strengthen the perceptions, and cultivate the tastes, to encourage this feeling and repress that, so as finally to develop the child into a man of well proportioned and harmonious naturethis is alike the aim of parent and teacher.
- William Graham Sumner American Polymath, Academic
- John Stuart Mill British Philosopher
- Masanobu Fukuoka Japanese Buddhist Polymath
- Rabindranath Tagore Indian Hindu Polymath
- Robert Anton Wilson American Polymath
- Leonardo da Vinci Italian Polymath
- Alfred North Whitehead English Mathematician
- Francis Bacon English Philosopher
- Roger Bacon English Philosopher
- John Ruskin English Art Critic