I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words. When I was a boy, we were taught to be discrete and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise and impatient of restraint.
Topics: Discipline, Just for Fun, Youth, Future
Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning.
Badness you can get easily, in quantity; the road is smooth, and it lies close by, But in front of excellence the immortal gods have put sweat, and long and steer is the way to it.
- Homer Ancient Greek Poet
- Paul Samuelson American Economist
- George Goodman American Economist
- Stuart Chase American Economist
- Alan Greenspan American Economist
- Ludwig von Mises Austrian Economist
- Edwin Feulner American Economist
- George P. Shultz American Economist
- Euripides Ancient Greek Dramatist
- Nikos Kazantzakis German Greek Philosopher