To be liberated, woman must feel free to be herself, not in rivalry to man but in the context of her own capacity and her personality.
Think twice before pointing a finger to any one as other three fingers are always pointing towards you.
Advanced countries of today have reached their present affluence through domination of other races and countries…Their sheer ruthlessness, undisturbed by feelings of compassion or by abstract theories of freedom, equality or justice, gave them a head start.
You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose.
There are moments in history when brooding tragedy and its dark shadows can be lightened by recalling great moments of the past.
We should not mourn for men of high ideals. Rather we should rejoice that we had the privilege of having had them with us, to inspire us by their radiant personalities.
A nation’s strength ultimately consists in what it can do on its own, and not in what it can borrow from others.
As for Western women, it seems to me that they have often had to struggle to obtain their own rights. That did not leave them much time to prove their abilities. The time will come.
We would rather starve than sell our national honor.
If you wish to avoid criticism,
do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less competition there.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Indian Head of State
- Mohandas K. Gandhi Indian Hindu Political leader
- A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Indian Head of State, Scientist
- Margaret Thatcher British Head of State
- Golda Meir Israeli Head of State
- Annie Besant British-born Indian Theosophist
- Nikita Khrushchev Russian Head of State
- Swami Vivekananda Indian Hindu Mystic
- Mukesh Ambani Indian Businessperson
- Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya Indian Engineer