I make all my decisions on intuition. I throw a spear into the darkness. That is intuition. Then I must send an army into the darkness to find the spear. That is intellect.
Film as dream, film as music. No form of art goes beyond ordinary consciousness as film does, straight to our emotions, deep into the twilight room of the soul. A little twitch in our optic nerve, a shock effect: twenty-four illuminated frames a second, darkness in between, the optic nerve incapable of registering darkness.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ingrid Bergman Swedish Actor
- Fred Astaire American Actor
- Christina, Queen of Sweden Swedish Monarch
- August Strindberg Swedish Playwright
- Catherine Deneuve French Actor
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Sean Connery Scottish Actor
- Federico Fellini Italian Filmmaker
- Billy Wilder American Filmmaker
- Bernardo Bertolucci Italian Film Director