We can only learn to love by loving.
Happiness is a matter of one’s most ordinary and everyday mode of consciousness being busy and lively and unconcerned with self.
Anything that consoles is fake.
- Margaret Drabble English Novelist, Biographer
- Pamela Hansford Johnson English Novelist
- J. B. Priestley English Novelist, Playwright
- Virginia Woolf English Novelist
- Jane Austen English Novelist
- Henry Fielding English Novelist
- John Lyly English Dramatist, Novelist
- Thomas Love Peacock English Satirist, Novelist
- Mary Webb English Novelist, Poet, Writer
- D. H. Lawrence English Novelist