Within the university… you can study without waiting for any efficient or immediate result. You may search, just for the sake of searching, and try for the sake of trying. So there is a possibility of what I would call playing. It’s perhaps the only place within society where play is possible to such an extent.
Topics: Education, Universities
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Rawls American Philosopher
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz German Philosopher, Mathematician
- Umberto Eco Italian Novelist
- Karl Popper Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Mencius Chinese Philosopher, Sage
- Zeno of Citium Greek Philosopher
- Hilary Putnam American Philosopher
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel German Philosopher
- Karl Marx German Philosopher, Economist
- Jeremy Bentham British Philosopher, Economist