Within the university… you can study without waiting for any efficient or immediate result. You may search, just for the sake of searching, and try for the sake of trying. So there is a possibility of what I would call playing. It’s perhaps the only place within society where play is possible to such an extent.
Topics: Education, Universities
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz German Philosopher, Mathematician
- Karl Popper Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Zeno of Citium Greek Philosopher
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel German Philosopher
- Karl Marx German Philosopher, Economist
- Jeremy Bentham British Philosopher, Economist
- Henri Bergson French Philosopher
- Thales of Miletus Greek Philosopher, Mathematician
- Gaston Bachelard French Philosopher
- Aristotle Ancient Greek Philosopher