America’s future will be determined by the home and the school. The child becomes largely what it is taught, hence we must watch what we teach it, how we live before it.
Topics: Education, Home
What after all has maintained the human race on this old globe despite all the calamities of nature and all the tragic failings of mankind, if not faith in new possibilities and courage to advocate them?
Topics: Optimism, Positive Attitudes, Health
It is perhaps significant that the adherents of war are more and more justifying it by its past record and reminding us of its ancient origin… . The little lad who stoutly defends himself on the school ground may be worthy of much admiration, but if we find him, a dozen years later, the bullying leader of a street-gang … our admiration cools amazingly.
Regret, which is guilt without the neurosis, enables us … to move forward instead of back.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jeannette Rankin American Social Activist
- W. E. B. Du Bois American Civil Rights Activist
- Helen Keller American Author
- Marianne Williamson American Activist
- Norman Podhoretz American Political Activist
- Friedrich Hayek British Economist, Social Philosopher
- Jesse Jackson American Baptist Civil Rights Activist
- Ralph Nader American Activist
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Robert Owen British Social Reformer