If everyone were clothed with integrity, if every heart were just, frank, kindly, the other virtues would be well-nigh useless, since their chief purpose is to make us bear with patience the injustice of our fellows.
A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation.
Everyone has a right to his own course of action.
The greater the obstacle, the more glory we have in overcoming it; the difficulties with which we are met are the maids of honor which set off virtue.
Topics: Difficulty, Adversity, Obstacles, One liners, Difficulties, Risk
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Gerard de Nerval French Poet, Writer
- Nicolas Boileau-Despreaux French Literary Critic
- Voltaire French Philosopher, Author
- Anatole France French Novelist
- Jean Racine French Dramatist
- Honore de Balzac French Novelist
- Sarah Bernhardt French Actress
- Alfred de Musset French Poet, Playwright
- Frederic Chopin Polish Composer, Pianist
- Colette French Novelist, Performer