A faithful woman looks to the spring, a good book, perfume, earthquakes, and divine revelation for the experience others find in a lover. They deceive their husbands, so to speak, with the entire world, men excepted.
Water is the one substance from which the earth can conceal nothing; it sucks out its innermost secrets and brings them to our very lips.
I tell you, sir, the only safeguard of order and discipline in the modern world is a standardized worker with interchangeable parts. That would solve the entire problem of management.
When you see a woman who can go nowhere without a staff of admirers, it is not so much because they think she is beautiful, it is because she has told them they are handsome.
Faithful women are all alike, they think only of their fidelity, never of their husbands.
A man has only one way of being immortal on earth: he has to forget he is a mortal
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery French Novelist, Aviator
- Emile Zola French Novelist
- Andre Maurois French Novelist, Biographer
- Henri de Montherlant French Essayist, Novelist, Dramatist
- Milan Kundera Czech Novelist
- Jules Verne French Novelist
- Colette French Novelist, Performer
- Marguerite Duras French Novelist, Playwright
- Nathalie Sarraute French Novelist
- Andre Breton French Poet, Critic