To me style is just the outside of content, and content the inside of style, like the outside and the inside of the human body — both go together, they can’t be separated.
Cinema is the most beautiful fraud in the world.
All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl.
Beauty is composed of an eternal, invariable element whose quantity is extremely difficult to determine, and a relative element which might be, either by turns or all at once, period, fashion, moral, passion.
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Akira Kurosawa Japanese Film Director
- Federico Fellini Italian Filmmaker
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Clint Eastwood American Film Director
- Sylvester Stallone American Actor
- Alfred Hitchcock British-born American Film Director
- Stanley Kubrick American Film Director
- Jacques Barzun French-born American Historian
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau French Philosopher