Cinema is the most beautiful fraud in the world.
To me style is just the outside of content, and content the inside of style, like the outside and the inside of the human body — both go together, they can’t be separated.
Beauty is composed of an eternal, invariable element whose quantity is extremely difficult to determine, and a relative element which might be, either by turns or all at once, period, fashion, moral, passion.
All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Akira Kurosawa Japanese Film Director
- Federico Fellini Italian Filmmaker
- Clint Eastwood American Film Director
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Sylvester Stallone American Actor
- Stanley Kubrick American Film Director
- Alfred Hitchcock British-born American Film Director
- Jacques Barzun French-born American Historian
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau French Philosopher