Friendship doesn’t exist to criticize but to inspire confidence.
Man can will nothing unless he has first understood that he must count on no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth.
I do not feel that I am the product of chance, a speck of dust in the universe, but someone who was expected, prepared, prefigured. In short, a being whom only a Creator could put here; and this idea of a creating hand refers to God.
In love, one and one are one.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Simone de Beauvoir French Philosopher
- Albert Camus Algerian-born French Philosopher
- Michel Foucault French Philosopher
- Henri Bergson French Philosopher
- Voltaire French Philosopher, Author
- Denis Diderot French Philosopher, Writer
- Georges Bataille French Essayist, Intellectual
- Marquis de Sade French Political leader
- Gaston Bachelard French Philosopher
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin French Jesuit Scientist