Paradise is always where love dwells.
We learn our virtues from the bosom friends who love us; our faults from the enemy who hates us. We cannot easily discover our real character from a friend. He is a mirror, on which the warmth of our breath impedes the clearness of the reflection.
A man never discloses his own character so clearly as when he describes another’s.
Cheerfulness is the atmosphere under which all things thrive.
- Thomas Mann German Novelist
- Hans Carossa German Novelist
- Berthold Auerbach German Jewish Poet
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe German Poet
- Nikos Kazantzakis German Greek Philosopher
- Carl Zuckmayer German Playwright
- Max Planck German Theoretical Physicist
- Erwin Rommel German Military Leader
- Eckhart Tolle German Spiritual Writer
- Friedrich Schiller German Poet