It’s no longer a warmth hidden in my veins: it’s Venus entire and whole fastening on her prey.
The happiness of the wicked passes away like a torrent.
The feeling of distrust is always the last which a great mind acquires.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Nicolas Boileau-Despreaux French Literary Critic
- Alfred de Musset French Poet, Playwright
- Henri de Montherlant French Essayist, Novelist, Dramatist
- Louis Pasteur French Biologist
- Alexis de Tocqueville French Historian, Political Scientist
- Andre Maurois French Novelist, Biographer
- Francois-Rene de Chateaubriand French Writer, Statesman
- Charles Forbes Rene de Montalembert French Historian, Politician
- Pierre de Marivaux French Dramatist, Author
- Seneca the Younger (Lucius Annaeus Seneca) Roman Stoic Philosopher