Men and women are like right and left hands: it doesn’t make sense not to use both.
What one decides to do in crisis depends on one’s philosophy of life, and that philosophy cannot be changed by an incident. If one hasn’t any philosophy in crises, others make the decision.
I want to stand by my country, but I cannot vote for war. I vote no.
The individual woman is required a thousand times a day to choose either to accept her appointed role and thereby rescue her good disposition out of the wreckage of her self-respect, or else follow an independent line of behavior and rescue her self-respect out of the wreckage of her good disposition.
Topics: Women, Self-respect
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Robert Owen British Social Reformer
- Friedrich Hayek British Economist, Social Philosopher
- Helen Keller American Author
- Jesse Jackson American Baptist Civil Rights Activist
- Ralph Nader American Activist
- Marianne Williamson American Activist
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Robin Morgan American Activist
- Norman Podhoretz American Political Activist