Prayer is an all-efficient panoply, a treasure undiminished, a mine which is never exhausted, a sky unobscured by clouds, a heaven unruffled by the storm. It is the root, the fountain, the mother of a thousand blessings.
It is a shame for a man to desire honor only because of his noble progenitors, and not to deserve it by his own virtue.
This is the highest point of philosophy, to be simple and wise; this is the angelic life.
Nothing is more fallacious than wealth. Today it is for thee, tomorrow it is against thee. It arms the eyes of the envious everywhere. It is a hostile comrade, a domestic enemy.
Prayer should be the means by which I, at all times, receive all that I need, and, for this reason, be my daily refuge, my daily consolation, my daily joy, my source of rich and inexhaustible joy in life.
- Jerome Greek Priest
- Saint Francis of Assisi Italian Monk
- Vincent de Paul French Catholic Saint
- Francis de Sales French Catholic Saint
- Bonaventure Italian Christian Scholar
- Nikolai Berdyaev Russian Christian Philosopher
- Bernard of Clairvaux French Catholic Religious Leader
- Pythagoras Greek Philosopher
- John Bunyan English Christian Writer
- Sophie Swetchine Russian Christian Mystic