Leaders establish the vision for the future and set the strategy for getting there; they cause change. They motivate and inspire others to go in the right direction and they, along with everyone else, sacrifice to get there.
Great leadership does not mean running away from reality. Sometimes the hard truths might just demoralize the company, but at other times sharing difficulties can inspire people to take action that will make the situation better.
Topics: Reality, Leadership, Difficulty
- Daniel J. Boorstin American Historian
- William Graham Sumner American Polymath
- Randy Pausch American Academic
- Lincoln Steffens American Journalist
- S. I. Hayakawa Canadian-born American Academic
- Germaine Greer Australia Academic
- Warren Bennis American Scholar
- Claude Bernard French Physiologist
- William Blackstone English Judge
- Peter Senge American Management Consultant