As the best wine doth make the sharpest vinegar, so the deepest love turned to the deadliest hate.
The rules of fair play do not apply in love and war.
What one believes to be true either is true or becomes true within limits to be found experientially and experimentally. These limits are beliefs to be transcended.
Topics: Optimism, Positive Attitudes
Where the mind is past hope, the heart is past shame.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ben Jonson English Dramatist
- John Webster English Dramatist
- Douglas William Jerrold English Dramatist
- Francis Beaumont English Dramatist
- W. S. Gilbert English Dramatist
- John Gay English Poet, Dramatist
- Arthur Helps English Dramatist
- Philip Massinger English Playwright
- Arthur Wing Pinero English Actor
- William Wycherley English Dramatist