Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.
Do all the good you can,|By all the means you can,|In all the ways you can,|In all the places you can,|At all the times you can,|To all the people you can,|As long as ever you can.
Topics: Kindness, Time Management, Happiness, Action, Helpfulness, Value of Time
Act as if the whole election depended on your single vote.
My cool judgement is, that if all the other doctrines of devils which have been committed to writing since letters were in the world were collected together in one volume, it would fall short of this; and that, should a Prince form himself by this book, so calmly recommending hypocrisy, treachery, lying, robbery, oppression, adultery, whoredom, and murder of all kinds, Domitian or Nero would be an angel of light compared to that man.
When I was young I was sure of everything; in a few years, having been mistaken a thousand times, I was not half so sure of most things as I was before; at present, I am hardly sure of anything but what God has revealed.
Topics: Experience, Doubt, Uncertainty
Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry.
- Adam Clarke British Methodist Scholar
- John Keble English Religious Leader
- Charles Spurgeon British Baptist Preacher
- Martin Luther German Protestant Theologian
- Bernard of Clairvaux French Catholic Religious Leader
- E. Stanley Jones American Methodist Priest
- Pope John XXIII Italian Catholic Religious Leader
- Dwight L. Moody Christian Religious Leader
- Billy Graham American Baptist Religious Leader
- John Henry Newman British Catholic Clergyman