Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.
When I was young I was sure of everything; in a few years, having been mistaken a thousand times, I was not half so sure of most things as I was before; at present, I am hardly sure of anything but what God has revealed.
Topics: Experience, Doubt, Uncertainty
My cool judgement is, that if all the other doctrines of devils which have been committed to writing since letters were in the world were collected together in one volume, it would fall short of this; and that, should a Prince form himself by this book, so calmly recommending hypocrisy, treachery, lying, robbery, oppression, adultery, whoredom, and murder of all kinds, Domitian or Nero would be an angel of light compared to that man.
All outward means of grace, if separate from the spirit of God, cannot profit, or conduce, in any degree, either to the knowledge or love of God. — All outward things, unless he work in them and by them, are in vain.
Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.
Topics: Kindness, Helpfulness, Value of Time, Action, Happiness, Time Management, Goodness
Act as if the whole election depended on your single vote.
Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Adam Clarke British Methodist Scholar
- John Keble English Religious Leader
- Charles Spurgeon English Baptist Preacher
- Martin Luther German Protestant Theologian
- Bernard of Clairvaux French Catholic Religious Leader
- E. Stanley Jones American Methodist Priest
- Pope John XXIII Italian Catholic Religious Leader
- Billy Graham American Baptist Religious Leader
- Dwight L. Moody Christian Religious Leader
- John Henry Newman British Theologian, Poet