Men talk in raptures of youth and beauty, wit and sprightliness; but after seven years of union, not one of them is to be compared to good family management, which is seen at every meal, and felt every hour in the husband’s purse.
There is scarcely anything more harmless than political or party malice. It is best to leave it to itself. Opposition and contradiction are the only means of giving it life or duration.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- William Sloane Coffin American Presbyterian Clergyman
- John Muir Scottish-born American Naturalist
- B. C. Forbes Scottish-born American Journalist
- Woodrow Wilson American Head of State
- Alexander Graham Bell Scottish-born American Inventor
- Frederick Buechner American Presbyterian Clergyman
- Thomas De Witt Talmage American Presbyterian Clergyman
- David Livingstone Scottish Missionary, Explorer
- Hugh Blair Scottish Minister, Scholar
- Thomas Jefferson American Head of State