The commitment to morality, or non-harming, is a source of tremendous strength, because it helps free the mind from the remorse of having done unwholesome actions. Freedom from remorse leads to happiness. Happiness leads to concentration. Concentration brings wisdom. And wisdom is the source of peace and freedom in our lives.
We don’t have to let go, we simply have to not hold on.
- Taisen Deshimaru Japanese Buddhist Teacher
- Lama Thubten Yeshe Tibetan Buddhist Teacher
- Pema Chodron American Buddhist Nun
- Thich Nhat Hanh Vietnamese Buddhist Religious Leader
- Robert Thurman American Buddhist Scholar
- Natalie Goldberg American Buddhist Author
- D. T. Suzuki Japanese Buddhist Philosopher
- Ram Dass American Hindu Teacher, Author
- The 14th Dalai Lama Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader
- Sakyong Mipham Tibetan Buddhist Leader