There seems to be a kind of order in the universe, in the movement of the stars and the turning of the earth and the changing of the seasons, and even in the cycle of human life. But human life itself is almost pure chaos. Everyone takes his stance, asserts his own rights and feelings, mistaking the motives of others, and his own.
—Katherine Anne Porter
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Barbara Grizzuti Harrison American Journalist
- H. L. Mencken American Journalist, Literary Critic
- Theodore H. White American Journalist
- Christopher Morley American Novelist, Essayist
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Norman Cousins American Journalist
- James Agee American Man of Letters
- Ernest Hemingway American Author
- Charles Kuralt American Journalist
- Henry Adams American Journalist