The wonderful thing about books is that they allow us to enter imaginatively into someone else’s life. And when we do that, we learn to sympathize with other people. But the real surprise is that we also learn truths about ourselves, about our own lives that somehow we hadn’t been able to see before.
Topics: Living, Imagination
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Herman Melville American Novelist
- Toni Morrison American Novelist
- Avi (Edward Irving Wortis) American Author
- Louisa May Alcott American Novelist
- Pearl S. Buck American Novelist
- Erica Jong American Novelist, Poet
- Lois McMaster Bujold American Novelist
- Henry James American-born British Novelist
- Sloan Wilson American Novelist
- John M. Ford American Novelist